Stand-up comedy junkie, geek, and closet romantic. Introspectively sexy. Flyyer than your girlfriend, fresher than your crew. 'Bougie', 'siddity', and generally okay with that. But sometimes, I just wanna do hoodrat stuff with my friends. My richness consists not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants. And all I want is simplicity and success. And maybe some more shoes.
Ten OTHER Things Martin Luther King Jr said (I’ll list them for those of you unable/unwilling to watch the video)
- Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
- Almost always a creative, dedicated minority has made the world better.
- And individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love.
- Every man must decide if he will walk in the light of creative altruism, or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- A riot, at bottom, is the language of the unheard.
- Don’t let anyone make you think God chose America as his divine messianic force, to be a sort of policeman to the whole world. I can hear God saying to America “You are too arrogant. And if you don’t change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power and place it in the hands of a nation that doesn’t even know my name.”
- I speak as citizen of the world, for the world as it stands aghast at the path we have taken. I speak as an American to the leaders of our nation. The great initiative in this war is ours. The great initiative to stop it must be ours.
- A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift, is approaching spiritual death.
- What is needed is a realization that power without love is reckless and abusive. And love without power is sentimental and anemic. Power at it’s best is love implementing the demands of justice and justice at it’s best is power correcting everything that stands against love.