Happy Fourth of July!
HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THAT!!
Don’t you know that acidic oils can transfer from your hands and cause irreparable damage to this ancient American treasure?!? What’s the matter with you?
Verso: “PHILADELPHIA, the Quaker City. THE LIBERTY BELL, one of America’s most famous symbols of freedom, was rung on the morning of July 8, 1776, to call all to hear the Declaration of Independence read to the people. On exhibition in Independence Hall, Philadelphia, PA.”
Oh, really? I’ve touched it every time I’ve seen it. I’ve kicked it once, in an attempt to make it ring. (Security was much more lax, before it was moved to the current location)
Benefits of growing up in Philly I guess.
- adventures-of-the-blackgang reblogged this from bad-postcards
- adventures-of-the-blackgang likes this
- culturedscene reblogged this from bad-postcards
- andycrocker reblogged this from bad-postcards
- ilikeshinyobjects likes this
- bryanboova likes this
- katchin05 reblogged this from bad-postcards and added:
- hojoholiday reblogged this from bad-postcards
- hojoholiday likes this
- bad-postcards posted this